Last night I ran out of flour on my quest to whip up a quick apple crisp, however I did have some quick oats nearby. Oats to the rescue!
The outcome was incredible, I asked the boyfriend to bring home some Haagen Dazs Dulche de Leche Ice Cream and topped it off. It was absolutely incredible. I had to share it with you.
1 Cup of Brown Sugar
1/2 Tsp. of Salt
3/4 Cup of Oats
1/2 Cup of Oil (Peanut Preferably) or 7 tbsp of butter
1/3 cup of Water
Cake Pan (8X8)
1) Set your oven to 350 degrees. (If you hoard all your pots and pans in there, like I do, don't forget to take them out! Lol)
2) Peel, core, and cut your apples into slices. After you've buttered your pan, lay your slices of apples in the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle cinnamon on the apples. (I like to use a lot.) Pour your water on the apples.
3) Get your mixing bowl, cut your butter into little pieces. Mix the butter (or oil), brown sugar, salt, and oats. This could be done in a food processor, but I love doing it by hand. Once you have a nice clumpy mix, spread it on to your apples.
4) Place it in the oven for 30-40 minutes. The spread, on top, should be a crispy brown. When you take it out it'll be bubbling. Let it sit for thirty minutes before sharing.
5) When it's all done place a scoop or two of ice-cream on top and enjoy!